Sunday, April 5, 2015

Look! It’s the Easter Bunny! Is He Packin’?

“LOST MUSKET DIARY” Easter Sunday 2015 – April 5th Just Before Dawn
Cloudy 59°F/15°C in Rancho Santa Margarita
Buongiorno, Buona Pascua!

Easter Sunrise in California
 If I had still been in Rome when I woke up this morning, I think I would have gone to Piazza San Pietro and listened along with a couple of hundred thousand other folks to Pope Francis deliver his Easter message in person. But then, I would also have seen how hard it was raining and just turned on the TV and watched it that way. But, since I’m not in Rome, I’ll have to settle for watching the Easter sunrise over Santiago and Modjeska Peak – Old Saddleback from my patioBut, that’s not too shabby a deal if you've ever seen sunrise over Old Saddleback.
  So, here I am, sipping my coffee and wiggling my fingers, counting my blessings and waiting for the sun to come up. Today is “T plus 5 and counting.” Five days since Dr. Sodl and his squad of happy elves installed my new titanium and plastic right shoulder joint in the very first major surgery of my long life.
Having said that…I’m not going to bore you with a lot of detail about “my operation.” I’ll do something at greater length in the near future when I have some digital images to share with you. Since my typing style remains a bit cramped, I’ll be brief. Shoulder arthroplasty is a fascinating procedure and I’m pleased at the way Dr. Sodl and his surgical gnomes have worked their magic. No pain. Wiggling my fingers. Just DON’T come up behind me and tap me on my shoulder to get my attention.
   Today in History: 1974 - Then the tallest building, the World Trade Center opens in NYC (110 stories). Yesterday, April 4th 1968 was the 47th anniversary of the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King in Memphis. Today, the big headlines deal with California’s drought and Jihad.
Again. Happy Easter! Buona Pascua!   
Ciao,
MikeBo

© By Mike Botula 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment