Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Sorry I Missed Your Birthday, Dad!


MikeBo’s Blog!
Cloudy with Sun in Afternoon 59°F/15°C at Cokeburg, Pennsylvania
Sunny 75°F/24°C at Cedar Park, Texas
Dobrý den!

Yesterday, as I signed onto Facebook for my morning ration of clack and clatter about The Decline and Fall of the American Dream at the Tiny Hands of the Upstart From Queens, one of my
Dad in 1945
  Facebook Memories popped up on my screen. It was an old blog of mine, entitled A Story My Father Told Me! Not being inclined to wallow through another memory flogger, I passed on it and went on to more current events. Then, last evening, my cousin Linda reminded me that it was my father’s birthday – October 23rd, the same as my cousin Bernie Botula, my dad’s godson. When I replied to her message, I mentioned that my kid brother Packy had his birthday on the 18th. This morning, as I lurched into consciousness, I realized that, had he lived, my dad would be 108. (He died in 1965 at 52). The title of that Facebook memory and my blog escaped me, so I went back to the source to refresh my memory.   



No comments:

Post a Comment