Monday, October 27, 2014

Yikes! I've been HACKED!

“LOST MUSKET DIARY” Monday October 27, 2014
Sunny 79F/26C/ in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Buongiorno!
IRONY 101 DEPT: A call from my credit union in Sacramento woke me up this morning. I was told that one of my credit cards had been charged and fraud was suspected. I confirmed that the foreign country where the card charges were made is 6500 miles from my present location. The man on the phone quickly assured me that I would not be liable for those fraudulent charges and that the card was being cancelled and a new one would be sent to me. Evil deed thwarted. I got up, started a pot of coffee and then ran a quick check of my other accounts. All seemed to be well. Then I brushed my teeth, poured my first cup of coffee. Then I sat back down at my computer and clicked on the thought for the day that begins my daily musings. Subject of today’s “Thought for the Day” GLOBAL SHARING!

Today’s “MikeBo Travel Tip:” If you plan a trip out of town, especially to a foreign country, call your bank and let them know where you’re going and for how long. While you are on the phone, order one of those European-style credit cards with the imbedded computer chip to replace your magnetic stripe card. As we used to say on the electric radio at the end of all those live commercials, “You’ll be glad you did.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment